Author Topic: Tribute - Lt Gen Denzil Kobbakaduwa  (Read 6136 times)

Knight

Tribute - Lt Gen Denzil Kobbakaduwa
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:18:08 AM »
    'Nation First - Lead from the Front'

Tribute to a Hero of our time[/color]
                            Lt Gen Denzil Kobbekaduwa

Lt Gen Denzil Kobbekaduwa belonged to a class of military leaders all Sri Lankans can be proud of.

Yesterday (08), is his 15 death anniversary.

Lt Gen Denzil Kobbekaduwa is in the league of great military leaders of the world - who had been leading from the front - strategising, motivating and leading. Deeply loved by his troops for his leadership and humility, he was adored by his countrymen, irrespective of place or position.     

"A General must see alone and know alone, meaning that he must see what others do not know. Seeing what others do not see is called brilliance, knowing what others do not is called genius. Brilliant geniuses win first, meaning that they defend in such a way as to be unassailable and attack in such a way as to be irresistible". - Art of war

Our Nation may still remember the times when it was lead from the front.
We may also still remember the days when the terrorists were called terrorists, and were treated rightly so. Till recent, the same terrorists were being accorded the red carpet in return for the brutality and the inhumanity perpetrated on a democratic nation and its citizens, in return for small favours.

Lt Gen Denzil Kobbekaduwa had the 'Nation First' not himself, or his kith and kin first. Else, he would be living with us today. He inspired millions in his life and millions more in his death.
We also have many other leaders. Sadly, many would fail to inspire an ant, even if they live a million years. Some even live with a sense of denial that we are a nation under siege, to other it is a convenient oversight.

Lt Gen Denzil Kobbekaduwa, lead from the front, and did not pass the buck to the next generation.
However, it is very fortunate that we still have a large strength of immensely dedicated military leaders and troops who are following the footsteps of Lt Gen Denzil Kobbekaduwa. They remain the guardians of our sovereignty and the nation.

The limited military operations currently underway in Trincomalee for humanitarian reasons to ensure the supply of water to thousands must be continued. We need to secure the vital naval and military establishments in Trincomalee. No pains must be spared at this stage to ensure a complete mopping up operation of the surrounding areas lock, stock and barrel, so that a repetition of the recent 'Terrorism of Water' does not occur again.

A kindergarten child, and not a military strategist is needed to say that the enclave ofJaffna will fall safely be in Tamil Tiger terrorists hands when the eastern sea passages from Trincomalee, is obstructed or terminated.

We urge our leaders to provide the fullest support to our brave defence force personnel who are sacrificing all they have, in the way general Lt Gen Denzil Kobbekaduwa have inspired them to - 'The Nation First - not myself First'.

Courtesy: SPUR (NSW)

Nation needs  thousands of sons like you  at this time..
and....

I know they are there in thousands..right now.fighting gallantly for the nations security ..and for Its people..!!

And Dear General.....!!

They will give you the real tribute you desrved for..
By defeting the evil and Brutal terrorists
and restoring nation's security.......
And win the due rights of all Tamil ,Sinhalease,Muslim and Other communities....
of Mother Lanka...
and make it s a beautifiul and peaceful place to live in as it was before...

Which is your noble wish.....and they will deliver it for you...

This is the Knights tribute to the national Hero...!!
Hope you all join with me..too....!! :)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:42:08 PM by Knight »

poor me

Re: Tribute - Lt Gen Denzil Kobbakaduwa
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 02:59:09 PM »
 Dear Knight,

Thank you very much  for remembering us our great warrior.

but what about this one...

Yesterday (08), is his 15 death anniversary.

as ma knowlege  its his 14 th death anniversary.

here is ma warmest love n grand salute for him n all  patriotic sons who died for  country...

Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 07:24:42 PM »
Yes Poor you are right . :)..
i only quoted the artical from the Source..but  dint notice the error .. >:(

Thanks for your concern...

chuutikumari

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »
 here is my tribute too...

thank u knight 4 sharing with us.....?

BUT where is the others replies?......

I wonder how they say such patriotics? :-\

cLeOpAtRa

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 09:46:21 AM »

Dear great general,

Your commitment, contribution to the Army of Sri Lanka and  the country will never be forgotten.

You Are a Great Hero And a Noble Man We Missed Lot When We need Most.... :(

I Bow My Head To You With All My Respect.....May You Attain Nibbana Kind Sir,,,

Uho

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:35:41 PM »
 8)

Oyala Samawenna mata kalekin enna beri unata....Me Gen. Kobbekaduwa gena Anusmaranaya kirima bohoma hond deyak wagema ape ' yutukamak'. Me karana sewaya wenuwen Sinhalaya web site ekata Lankawe apa semagema Stutiya

Offline Sumeera

• Kiri-Kodu
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 03:15:19 PM »
Awesome general. Operation Balavegaya - the amphibious assault landing that relieved the beseiged EPS base way back in 1991 was one hell of a daredevil mission. Maj Gen Sanath Karunaratna (A brigadier then) with just only a battalion had held for about one month until General Denzil Kobbekaduwa arrived with reinforcements.

It was a tragic end to this awesome general.....

sigiri

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 06:24:51 PM »
thats true sumeera
we lost him when our country needed him the most
thanx night for the post and I think this forum will be a tribute to all those remarkable people of our times

bodhi

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 08:59:39 PM »
thanxnight for this article , we sure lack of such articles which discuss about great heroes and heroines of our nation.
"kobbakaduwa mahathmaya manushathwayen sapiri minisek"
thanx for posting this here