Author Topic: Need your opinion to this article  (Read 4126 times)

SuMuDu_NiLu

Need your opinion to this article
« on: February 14, 2007, 09:00:18 AM »
Advertisement
Hi, This article was published today in a news paper in malaysia. which gives negative impression of sri lankan gov and also forces. If you guys could help me to write some of your views about this article. If can you can mail to [email protected]. It should include name, address ( a pseudonym may be included). I was bit angry when i saw this article in the paper, i think majority of non sri lankan's think like this way. As if we doing the wrong thing which LTTE does the correct thing... Here this is the article was published

>SRI LANKA'S WAR
I WISH to express my opinion  on the recent conference on "War crimes — Criminalise war", which was chaired by former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad last week.

Malaysians  support  the sentiments  of  Dr Mahathir. He has said that President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair shall be remembered as war criminals.

However, one should also note that war is not just in the Muslim world. Victims of war are not only in countries such as Palestine, Iraq, Afghani- stan and Bosnia.

What about  the situation in Sri Lanka?  Innocent children, women and the elderly of the Tamil community are killed in the thousands. 

A ceasefire agreement was signed between the government and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil  Eelam (LTTE)  almost five years ago but till now, the Sri Lankan government has not fulfilled its promises. 

The Kuala Lumpur   conference  should have  discussed the Sri Lanka issue  as well. Some words of comfort should have been said for the Tamils.

The Malaysian Peace Foundation, headed by  Dr Mahathir, should take the  initiative against the aggression  on the Tamils in Sri Lanka. It can play a meaningful role even where non-Muslims are involved.

The war in Sri Lanka is not just an internal problem. The  international community has failed to put pressure on Sri Lanka to enter into peace talks with the LTTE. The United Nations, too, is  silent and has yet to take  "serious measures"  to end this  war.

The Perdana Global Peace Forum  should discuss the war in Sri Lanka, condemn the aggression on the Tamils by the Sri  Lankan army and air force, and forward peace proposals.  ??? ??? ???

By the way im a sri lanka studying in malaysia...so if u guys could send them some of ur view points they will publish in the paper.

Thank you in advance

SuMuDu_NiLu

Re: Need your opinion to this article
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:07:30 AM »
Opps i just find out the real article. Though im a student now im working in this particular new paper..i got the real article which has been deleted some certain parts which the writer has written. there fore this is the correct letter which was written by the writer...

Sri lanka’s war :Not enough attention paid to this conflict

I WISH to express my opinion regarding on the recent conference on “War crimes — Criminalise war”, which was chaired by former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad in Kuala Lumpur last week.

Malaysians do support to the sentiments and views of Tun Dr Mahathir. He has said that President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair shall be remembered as killers of children and as war criminals.

However, one should also note that war is not just in the Muslim world. Victims of war are not only in countries such as Palestine, Iraq, Afghani- stan and Bosnia.
How What about what is happening in  the situation in Sri Lanka? for almost two decades. The situation It is getting worse day by the day.  ??? ???Innocent children, women and the elderly of the Tamil community are killed in the thousands.  by the Sri Lankan army and the air force. >:( >:( Under the name of war with the LTTE the army is targeting the Tamil people. Even international  volunteers are killed by the armed forces.

A ceasefire agreement was signed between the government and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil  Eelam (LTTE)  almost five years ago but tilluntil now, the Sri Lankan government has not fulfilled its promises as agreed. 
The Kuala Lumpur  war crimes conference held in Kuala Lumpur should have brought up and discussed the Sri Lanka issue matter as well. At least sSome words of comfort should have been said for the Tamils. theat this conference.
The Malaysian Peace Foundation, headed by our former Prime Minister Dr Mahathir, should take the some initiative against the aggression oppressive onslaught on the Tamils in Sri Lanka. It can play a meaningful role even, not only on war in the Muslim world but where non-Muslims are involved, too.
  One shall not ignore The war in Sri Lanka  as is not just an internal problem. The sad thing is that the international community has failed to put pressure on Sri Lanka to enter into peace talks with the LTTE. The United Nations, too, is very silent and has yet to take steps not taking any “serious measures” steps to end this  war and get the Sri Lankan government to stop
the air raids on the Tamil controlled areas.

I  suggest that tThe Perdana Global Peace Forum to be organized in KL under the ledership of Tun Dr Mahathir to should discuss the war in Sri Lanka, condemn the aggression on the Tamils by the Sri  Lankan army and air force, and forward peace proposals and .

Knight

Re: Need your opinion to this article
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »
Thanks for Ur concern about this serious matter.. :)

Suggest you visit sub Forum "  National Security"(Click the link Below) and  you will find more information and posts of many users about this topic.

http://www.sinhalaya.net/network/index.php/board,35.0.html

I put  below few Links of  National Security sub forum  that might  be  useful to you.. :)

http://www.sinhalaya.net/network/index.php/topic,3789.0.html

http://www.sinhalaya.net/network/index.php/topic,3899.0.html

http://www.sinhalaya.net/network/index.php/topic,3730.0.html

http://www.sinhalaya.net/network/index.php/topic,3808.0.html

Advice:
your article is related current on going conflict in Srilanka. Please put all your postings related to this matter in " National security Forum which is dedicated for the same.

Country Need People  like you...
Dont Give Up... Just Go on fighting  for the Country.. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:20:24 PM by Knight »