Author Topic: need help from people living in America  (Read 4957 times)

anil

need help from people living in America
« on: June 14, 2007, 03:01:39 AM »
Advertisement
I am Anil Bandara working in Sri Lanka Army as a medical officer.one of my freind brought laptop for me during his visit in canada.computer brand is compaq presario 6216CA.unfortunately accidently formatted the partition and lost all data and softwares. I dont have recovery DvD.The recovery DVD can take only persons living in America and
Canada. can any one help me to take this DVD and send to sri lanka.specially I hope from sri lankans people living in America and Canada.Futher detail from email.
my email adress is [email protected]

janasarani

Re: need help from people living in America
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:57:58 AM »
Hi Anil.,
I got this msg from Sis cleo, I have search for you from HP site. they are giving information from this site, http://welcome.hp.com
from this information below you might get a chance to find the info
thanks
janasarani

Phone numbers for:   

Questions before you buy:
Call 3030 4499 (Prefix city code when calling from mobile phone) or Toll Free 1800 42 54 999 (From MTNL/ BSNL within India)
Questions after you buy:
- Consumer Products
(DeskJet, Scanjet, All-in-One, Digital Projectors, Photo Printers and Digital Cameras):
1800 425 7737, 080 28526900

[b]Pavilion & Presario Home PCs:
1800 114 772, 0124 234 6992
Open Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (excluding public holidays). [/b] - Commercial Products
(LaserJet, Large Format Printer, Business Desktop, Notebooks, Industry Standard Servers, Handhelds):
1 800 112 267
Our opening hours are from 9:30am - 5:45pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Dial-a-cartridge: Call 3030 4499 (Prefix city code when calling from mobile phone) or Toll Free 1800 42 54 999 (From MTNL/ BSNL within India)

The languages supported are Hindi and English only.   

cLeOpAtRa

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:25:43 AM »

Dear Bro,

One of My Friends says,

A recovery CD won't help if you have formatted the partition. You won't be able to recover anything.
Try with a Windows XP install disk to install a fresh copy of the OS. Then install the software you need.
[/color]

-C

janasarani

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
Dear Brother.,
I have sent some information to your e-mail address, as they requested please send all the details, the purchase date, serial number , I might have a chance to get the CD for my address, before I come to sri lanka, if you want that help, I can help you with that, but I need time, if they going to deliver some time take 8-14 days, so I do not have much time. I didnt' get any reply from you yet, I have send that Chat conversation that I had with HP Tech person, please read that and send me a reply
thanks
jana