Author Topic: Intel shipping Dual-Core Intel Xeon Processors  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Sachitha

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • You Dont Know About Me and you Will Never Know!
    • www.shgamez.com
Intel shipping Dual-Core Intel Xeon Processors
« on: November 04, 2005, 02:09:33 PM »
Advertisement

The Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 7000 sequence, formerly codenamed Paxville MP,
Intel Corporations first dual-core, hyper-threaded processors for servers with four or more processors started shipping today. The processors deliver record levels of performance and are optimal for multi-threaded applications such as database, supply chain management and financial services software.
The Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 7000 sequence, formerly codenamed Paxville MP, is shipping today with speeds up to 3.0 GHz and a 667 MHz dual, independent system bus. The new processors will fit into existing platforms using the Intel E8500 chipset that was architected for dual-core and shipped earlier this year. In early 2006, Intel plans to ship new versions of the chipset and processorthat will support an 800 MHz dual, independent system bus.
The platform shipping today includes DDR2 Memory, PCI Express, advanced reliability features, and hardware-enabled support for Intel Virtualization Technology.4 This new technology is designed to provide hardware support within the processor for virtualized server applications, helping to make them more reliable, robust and efficient. Intel is working with the industry to turn on this capability via a BIOS switch in early 2006.
Servers based on the Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor 7000 sequence are expected to be available from system manufacturers worldwide beginning today and into next year including Dell, Egenera, Fujitsu Siemens, Gateway, HP, HCL Infosystems Ltd, IBM, Kraftway, Lang chao, Lenovo, Maxdata, NEC, Samsung, Supermicro, Unisys and Wipro Infotech.
In October, Intel updated its Intel Xeon processor MP roadmap with the addition of a new platform in 2007, codenamed Caneland, that is planned to include a quad-core processor, codenamed Tigerton, based on Intels next generation micro-architecture. The Caneland platform is designed to deliver higher performance through a high-speed interconnect, an interface connecting each processor directly to the chipset. In addition, the Caneland platform is expected to implement an upcoming memory technology, called Fully-Buffered Dual In-Line Memory Module (FB-DIMM) and will include four memory interconnects that take advantage of the increased capabilities of the technology.

Offline mlᶮ$dǧ

• මද්දුමයෝ Maddumayo
  • [[--mlⶮ$dǧ--]] - d t lk
    • www.PCSlanka.com  (check it out and dont foget to register) another srilanken PHP nuke powerd web protal
Re: Intel shipping Dual-Core Intel Xeon Processors
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 07:27:22 PM »
hmm XEON D elata athi .. Server walata thama apita ganna no money ..  inna sachiyo man pics n animations tikak hoyala dannam ..
[[--mlⶮ$dǧ--]] - d t lk

Offline Sachitha

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
    • www.shgamez.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 12:00:32 PM »
 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline mlᶮ$dǧ

• මද්දුමයෝ Maddumayo
    • www.PCSlanka.com  (check it out and dont foget to register) another srilanken PHP nuke powerd web protal
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 02:03:46 AM »
mokada baya wela sachiiii
[[--mlⶮ$dǧ--]] - d t lk

Offline Sachitha

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
    • www.shgamez.com
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 01:27:07 PM »
mokada baya wela sachiiii

oya akuru Move weddi kiyawanna amarui

Offline mlᶮ$dǧ

• මද්දුමයෝ Maddumayo
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 04:34:05 AM »
:shock: :shock: hey ,, not just Dual core Xeon .. Dual core XEON HT 4 Parralel Proseses Coollll... 8) look this animation guys
<a href="http://www.intel.com/personal/desktop/dualcore/demo/popup/dualcore.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.intel.com/personal/desktop/dualcore/demo/popup/dualcore.swf</a>

I do not post just to collect posts to upgrade my rank .. but i do it to give some more detaild inf to this topic viewers :) Pls do not Quote this becoz as this is a flash animation with audio .. if u quote it.. it will be an audio mess,,
[[--mlⶮ$dǧ--]] - d t lk

Offline Sachitha

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
    • www.shgamez.com
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 04:00:30 PM »
Thx 4 Flash Animation Amila