Author Topic: Fantastic Four Movie  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Sachitha

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • You Dont Know About Me and you Will Never Know!
    • www.shgamez.com
Fantastic Four Movie
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:50:25 PM »
Advertisement
[size=24]Fantastic Four Movie[/size]

Cast: Ioan Gruffudd, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, Julian McMahon, Kerry Washington
Director: Tim Story
Producers: Avi Arad, Michael Barnathan, Chris Columbus, Bernd Eichinger, Ralph Winter
Screenplay: Michael France and Mark Frost, based on the comic book by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
Cinematography: Oliver Wood
Music: John Ottman
U.S. Distributor: 20th Century Fox

Fantastic Four is the comic book that gave birth to Marvel Comics, making it the older sibling to such better-known titles as Spider-Man, X-Men, and The Incredible Hulk. The reason Fantastic Four has been relegated to the role of "ugly stepsister" is simple: a lack of publicity. While those other comic books have been honored with their own big-budget Hollywood films, Fantastic Four has languished, with only two animated TV series and a so-bad-it-was-never-released 1994 feature to its name. Now, that has changed. Fantastic Four has gotten its own $100 million movie. Too bad the adjective in the title is not an apt descriptor.

Roughly 25 years ago, when I was going through my "comic book phase," Fantastic Four was one of three titles I regularly purchased. Although it has been more than two decades since I visited the superhero quartet, the characters I remember are captured with superficial faithfulness in this film. Unfortunately, they are saddled with a lackluster story that feels like it was cobbled together from pieces of other comic book-inspired motion pictures. The Four never get a chance to shine - at least not in the way that another Marvel superhero ensemble (the X-Men) did. Fantastic Four fans have a right to feel shortchanged. This movie is more like a B-grade comic book adaptation than the A-list production it should have been.

The film's first problem is the decision to make this an "origin" story, telling how the Fantastic Four came into being. This is only going to make completists happy. This superhero group has a lame beginning, so we're treated to about an hour of corny dialogue and silly plot development. By the time the Four are ready to go to battle, the running time is nearing its ending. Thus, Fantastic Four ends up seeming like a prologue - or, perhaps a pilot for a TV series. Compare this to any of the other superhero origin stories - Superman, Batman Begins, Spider-Man, The Hulk - and its lack of imagination (not to mention epic scope) is staggering. Sad to say, but Fantastic Four feels small.

When the movie opens, genius scientist Reed Richards (Ioan Gruffudd) and his best buddy, Ben Gri

Offline Minni

• මද්දුමයෝ Maddumayo
    • http://www.minni.sinhalaya.net
Re: Fantastic Four Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 06:46:39 AM »
Yeah, I saw this movie.  Very entertaining.... :)