Author Topic: Can a person nominate an heir to his EPF account?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline sithari

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • Forgive and Forget
Can a person nominate an heir to his EPF account?
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:56:15 PM »
Advertisement
Question - I am working as a Manager in a Private Company and I am entitled to EPF benefits. Please let me know whether I can nominate an heir to my EPF account?

Answer - Yes, this could be done on the very occasion you are registered with the Fund. Please fill in the Form "H" together with your A and B Forms. You may nominate one heir or several. You must state in the form the share of the benefits each should receive.

An unmarried person may nominate anyone; a married person may nominate members of his family including his spouse, children, parents, brothers and sisters. it is also possible to cancel a previous nomination at any stage.

Form-1 should be used in such instances. When a re-nomination is needed, please use Form-J and send it to the Labour Office of your area within which the place of work is situated.

A nomination effected before marriage, is automatically cancelled with the marriage. When a minor is nominated, a guardian may be paid the benefits. When the minor attains majority, the guardian's nomination is automatically voided.

When a Member dies without having made a nomination, the amount of his EPF benefits will be paid to the heirs ordered by a court under the Inheritance of Property Act.

4give & 4get

poor me

Re: Can a person nominate an heir to his EPF account?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:36:33 AM »

what is this EPF ?

be kind to explain.
pardon me for the disturb.

Offline sithari

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • Forgive and Forget
Re: Can a person nominate an heir to his EPF account?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 10:55:33 PM »
EPF
E= EMPLOYMENT
P= PROVIDANCE
F=FUND

THIS FUND ONLY MAKE FOR PRIVATE SECTOR WORKERS.
ITS SRI LANKAN WORKERS RIGHT.
4give & 4get