Author Topic: Warning: Coke, Pepsi and Other Soft Drink  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Pinckey©

• - Country Before Self -
  • ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • My Style for My People and My World.......
Warning: Coke, Pepsi and Other Soft Drink
« on: August 14, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »
Advertisement
WARNING:
COKE, PEPSI AND OTHER SOFT DRINKS HAVE PESTICIDES
STOP DRINKING IT AND SAVE YOUR SELF FROM POISONING
The following is from India. They are taking steps to ban Coke, Pepsi etc from schools. See NDTV.COM (New Delhi TV)

Thursday, August 3, 2006 (New Delhi):

After the Centre for Science and Environment released its findings on Wednesday on the high levels of pesticide residue in several soft drink brands in India, the issue was raised in the Lok Sabha.

The BJP staged a walkout over the issue. In 2003, a Joint parliamentary Committee cleared as authentic a report by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) on high levels of pesticide residue in soft drinks.

The JPC had directed the Bureau of Indian standards to set standards on the issue.

Sample findings

The Centre of Science and Environment on Wednesday claimed that 11 leading soft drink brands have pesticide residue.

According to the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), soft drinks available in India have a cocktail of three to six pesticides.

In a study of 57 random samples of 11 soft drink brands from 25 different manufacturing plants of Coke and Pepsi spread over 12 states, Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) claims to have found pesticides on an average 24 times higher that the Bureau of Indian Standards norms, which have been finalised but not notified.

The levels that the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has found are even higher than what they found in 2003.

The samples show a cocktail of 3-6 different pesticides and the presence of carcinogens and neurotoxins at levels much higher than BIS standards.

Moreover, even a banned substance like heptachlor was found in 71 per cent of the samples.

The average level of pesticides found was 11.85 parts per billion, while the standard is 0.5 parts per billion.

Moreover, in order to avoid any untoward criticism over the accuracy of their findings, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) laboratory was updated with state of the art equipment and accredited by the ISO 9001.

Thus, this makes it clear that this study was not a vendetta against soft drink companies, but just a demand to make products safer for consumers.

Meanwhile, the Indian Soft drink Manufacturers Association has responded to the study with the following statement.

"Consumer safety is paramount to us. The soft drinks manufactured in India comply with stringent international norms and all applicable national regulations."

Stringent norms needed

Three years ago, after the first such expose, when the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) found pesticides in colas, the JPC Committee was constituted to look into their findings.

The JPC had not only validated the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) report but had also asked for stringent standards to be set for carbonated beverages.

Three years and 20 meetings later, new standards are yet to be notified.

In April this year, the BIS website said that new norms had been finalised but not notified. However, by June, the notice had disappeared.

Without proper notification, cola companies can hide behind old quality norms. Therefore, the delay in notification has raised several questions.

The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) now hopes that this study will force the Health Ministry to notify the finalised standards and force soft drink companies to adhere to public health safety norms.

In fact, they have even filed an application under the RTI Act to gain information on the various BIS meetings to find out the reason for the delay in notifying the standards.

On his part, Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss said that coming out with norms for soft drinks takes time. [/font] [/size]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:25:54 AM by Pinckey© »
Pinckey©

poor me

Re: Warning: Coke, Pepsi and Other Soft Drink
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 05:58:59 PM »
 8)

thank u 4 posting this pinko... ape okkomalata coca nethnam ninda yanneth nene.....

see   this one too added by me some days ago...

http://kasukusu.com/nimnaya/index.php/topic,4307.0.html

Offline Pinckey©

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »
Ekanak atta thamai Poor Me... Ape ayata COCA nethnam iwarai.. Den penawane mokada wela tiyenne kiyala
Pinckey©

Offline sithari

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • Forgive and Forget
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 11:33:42 PM »
India says Cola pesticide charges not proven
INDIA: India’s health minister said on Tuesday an environmental group that said soft drinks produced by Coca-Cola and PepsiCo contain high levels of pesticides had failed to prove its claims. But the group, the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) rejected Anbumani Ramadoss’s statement and accused him of pandering to big multinationals at the expense of public health.

The CSE said in its report, published nearly three weeks ago, that it had found traces of pesticides far above permissible levels in the products of the two global giants.

The report by the New Delhi-based group triggered a ban on the sale of beverages made by the two firms in several Indian states at or near state-run schools, colleges and hospitals. The southern state of Kerala declared a total ban on the drinks.

Both companies have defended the safety of their products.

Ramadoss said his ministry was seeking more details from the CSE after hearing the view of experts appointed by the government. “The conclusion of the expert committee is that the report of the CSE does not provide conclusive evidence for presence of different pesticides in the concentration reported,” Ramadoss told parliament in response to questions by lawmakers.

He said the expert panel had found several inconsistencies in the chemical information presented by the CSE.

Ramadoss said the ministry had directed state-run labs across the country to conduct their own tests on samples of soft drinks and results received so far had either found no pesticide traces or their levels were below statutory limits.

The CSE study said it had found an average pesticide residue of 11.85 parts per billion in 57 samples of Coca-Cola and PepsiCo drinks produced in 12 Indian states.

Those pesticide levels are 24 times higher than limits agreed, but not yet enforced, by the Bureau of Indian Standards.

New Delhi, Wednesday, Reuters.
4give & 4get

Offline Pinckey©

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 09:14:47 AM »
Some time ago a little boy died in Brazil after eating MENTOS and drinking Coka-Cola together.

One year before the same accident happened with another boy in Brazil ...

Please check the experiment that has been done by mixing Coka-Cola (or Coka-Cola light are the same) with MENTOS.

This could be not only coca-cola but can be effective with other drinks too

So be careful with your self

The images of the experiment:-

Pinckey©

Offline sithari

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • Forgive and Forget
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 12:11:49 PM »
 :shock: :(

me pilibandawa samajaya denuwath wela madiy neda?
ape anagatha paramparawata mehema giyoth wena de gena waga kiyanne kawda?
 :x
4give & 4get