Author Topic: This is Our Universe  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Mahasen

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
  • O==<>=(({{O)>>>
This is Our Universe
« on: February 13, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »
Advertisement

I certainly thought this was enlightening. Didn't even realize we knew much beyond our sun

It's a big universe.

Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky.

It is more than 1000 light years away.

just see.. How small Our world
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 07:36:48 AM by Mahasen »

Offline Maxi

• Doni
  • මද්දුමයෝ Maddumayo
Re: This is Our Universe
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:05:49 AM »
WOW....

Api inne kochchara punchi lokekada..........??????

Thanks Mahasen ayya............

Offline Mahasen

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
  • O==<>=(({{O)>>>
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:04:31 PM »
eekkane nanagi
eeth Me punchi loke beda ganna Ratawal kiyak maragannawada  me mohoteth
:( :(

Offline Maxi

• Doni
  • මද්දුමයෝ Maddumayo
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:11:52 PM »
Loke witharak nam kamak ne ayye...

Me aheta penne nethi punchima punchi lankawa beda ganna beruwa karana yudde penawane.......

Offline weli_polonga

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 02:12:12 PM »
Pluto is no longer considered a plant. It lost its planetary status at some conference the astronomers held recently.

Antares may be the 15th brightest star in the visible sky, but not the heaviest in the universe. It is a Red Giant alright. It will collapse to become a White Dwarf sooner or later (in few million years). But the real heavy ones are invisible. You will never see them even if they are only a few light years away. They have so much mass and gravity that even Light can not escape and Time itself wraps around them. Yes they are the Black Holes. A few had been detected by observing the visible galaxies that surround them.

I am sure this site is full of academic geeks who can shed more light on this subject. Let us keep this tread for an astronomical discussion.
///////////////----------weli_polonga----------\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offline Sudeera

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 01:04:36 AM »
wow thats amazing bro, thanx machan

thanx for these informative articles .. just lets us know how small we are..
umm are we all alone in this universe ?
Best way to attract others is to keep your self Cool when others are hot at u !

Offline Cleo.

• The QueEn oF KiNgS --;--;--<@
  • ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • Aadaraya,, ---->> E Mage Aagamai
    • හද බිඳි සර..
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 08:36:04 AM »
Dear Friends,

Hope you Enjoy This Too,,,Pl Visit n read :

http://www.sinhalaya.net/network/index.php?board=57.0

Offline weli_polonga

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »
Sigiri, One of Cleo's friends think that we have little green cousins up there and they come visit us sometimes. Shows some scary evidence to support his yarn. Once I read a calculation which predicted 400,000 odd advance civilizationsí trying to flag us (say halloo) right then. But the distances are so great we have to forget meeting them during this generation.

A friend once held a bet with me to the effect that we will be visited before next 10 years pass. Got to kill another six years before I collect his bottle.† Now Christiansí believe that this is a visited planet. But since we are not talking about the All Mighty we can leave them alone.

So there are 400,000 different ETs waving but we donít see or at least hear them. Why? Distance. It will take hundreds of years for us to hear their Hiís. If we stat hearing now, you can be sure it was something they said many yesterdays ago. There are new stories of hyper drives and Light speed travel where you donít age coz time itself slows down. But we donít have the technology to build them yet. We may build these systems one day and send scouts to all corners of our own galaxy, The Milky Way.

Till then we got to learn how to share this tiny little planet and itís dwindling resources with our brothers next door and cousins in the animal kingdom.† † †
///////////////----------weli_polonga----------\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offline Sudeera

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 12:42:10 AM »
yeah weli.. thanx for this reply
u know machan I really like ur replies coz u write something for us to thiink about
When I used to read Arther C. clarks science fictions I too thought abt the "visited planet " theory
but we still cant go on with any other theory since non seems to lead us to the right answer

civilizations.. seeing all that master mind creations of ancient times.. make me rethink - did we really have all that technological knowlege ? where did it come from?

Best way to attract others is to keep your self Cool when others are hot at u !