Author Topic: "Katunayake AirBase Attack -26 March 2007" - Sinhalaya Reporting...  (Read 5522 times)

Offline w乇乃ᄊム丂イ乇尺

• Administrator
  • ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
  • My sTyLe FoR My PeOpLe,,, & My CoUnTrY..,
    • SINHALAYA WORLDWIDE®
Advertisement

"sQAhly` pEvw\"  - vQsQhwr p#@y\ a`rk\;k @w`rwOr# v`r\w`[email protected]\ @prt m...

ktEn`yk gOvn\ hmEq` k[vErt el\l vR wYs\wv`qW gOvn\ pYh`ry sQqE [email protected]\,
aUym 12.45 - 01.05 awr..
sQAhly` pEvw\ vQsQn\ e' pQlQb[ v pY}m pEvw v`r\w` [email protected]\, aUym 01.29 t....

kQyvn\n,,,,
sQAhly` pEvw\ @mm sQqEvWm v`r\w` [email protected]\ @m| a`k`ryt yQ.

1st Lead:
ktEn`yk gOvn\@w`[email protected]\ hqQsQ ww\vyk\..
http://sinhala.org/news.php?go=fullnews&newsid=196
26 March 2007 01:29 am

2nd Lead:
@k`LB bN\d`rn`yk j`w&n\wr gOvn\@w`[email protected]`l a`XQYw gOvn\ hmEq` k[vErt el\.tW.tW.I. pYh`ryk\...
]http://sinhala.org/news.php?go=fullnews&newsid=197
26 March 2007 01:44 am

3rd Lead:
ktEn`yk t el\l [email protected]\ gOvn\ pYh`ryk\ ????
http://sinhala.org/news.php?go=fullnews&newsid=198
26 March 2007 02:18 am

4th Lead:
@k`lBt emQn\ wQbR j`w&n\wr gOvn\ y`n` in\qQy`vt h` m`lqQvyQnt hrv` yv yQ..
http://sinhala.org/news.php?go=fullnews&newsid=199
26 March 2007 02:46 am

5th Lead:
ktEn`yk pYh`ry g#n sW.en\.en\. @b`r# kQy yQ.
http://sinhala.org/news.php?go=fullnews&newsid=200
26 March 2007 03:21 am

6th Lead: [Finalized Last News]
wYs\wv`qWn\ @g\ ilk\ky @mvrw\ v&r\} yQ.
http://sinhala.org/news.php?go=fullnews&newsid=201
26 March 2007 04:25 am

:) "apQt lAk`@v aAk 1 kQy` gn\d o|n$ n#h#...
[email protected]\XWyyn\ awr XWY lAk`v aAk 1 krvWmyQ [email protected]\ qr\XNy"

:P e' k`r\yy @[email protected]\ k#pvn\n k#mwQ "h#@m`\m" @[email protected]\ "sQAhly`" wOl nQwrm idk\ [email protected] @m|k a`r`{nyk\.. ek\vn\n ap smg...

- cn\n ern\q ktEv`[email protected]\, sQAhly` pEvw\ e'jn\sQy @[email protected]\..,

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 05:46:39 AM by WEBMASTER® »
I'm on the way..

Zoro

Re: "Katunayake AirBase Attack -26 March 2007" - Sinhalaya Reporting...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:38:06 AM »
s\wSwQyQ @vbW.
   sQAhly` nQv|s\ vlQn\ mElE @l`\@ktm a#w\w ww\vy @pn\nl qEn\nt. e' [email protected]\m mElQn\m @m| nQv|s\ ek q`l sQAhly` nQv|s\ syQt| [email protected]\ @v|gvw\ bv @pn\nEvt.
   mm a`@ymw\ kQyn\@n a#w\w ww\@v @l`@ktm @pn\npE ekt @g`dk\ s\wSwQ....

- @s`\@r`\

Offline Mahasen

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
  • O==<>=(({{O)>>>
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 07:43:46 AM »
Thanks .... Good work
Tigers are Trying to show that they have an Air Power also,but this time also they failed.
with Using that they try to Build up their Image ,after they heavily attacked by Sri lanakn army in eastern

Offline weli_polonga

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:32:22 PM »
This is a serious development my friends. We knew that LTTE had developed some air capability way back using kit built East European aircrafts. But to come to Katunayake and bomb the Air Force helicopter hangar and return safely is a totally new ball game. What’s next? A kamikaze attack on an important economic target or one of those self proclaimed VIP’s. I’ll not mind loosing a few VIP’s. We got much too many of them for our own good. Loosing some can only help this country. But economic targets are everywhere and difficult to defend from air threats.

Will we have to wake up to the sound of sirens and put helmets on, every night? This is war my friends. We had a chance to prevent it. But now that we are fighting lets help our forces to eliminate this new threat before it becomes a growing menace.

I personally think this was an amphibian (float plane) job, if not an Army Intelligence coup. But one thing for sure, The Air Force was caught napping (maybe for the fifth time) again. There was this joke of the Air Force sometime back. Whenever the JVP (they were the terrorists then) trained a new batch of fighters, these new rookies were bussed to Katunayake to collect their guns from the Air Force. Now the Tigers are bombing them and all that. Air Force can say is “nothing happened to our Fighter Bombers”.

Webby will not like this post for sure. But to be a realist is not to be unpatriotic. Let’s force our leaders to fight this war more professionally if they cannot talk peace.

The best joke I read today was in the Beire Lake paper and said that the Expelled Twins’ exposes to the Commission had given the LTTE news of the existence of the four Migs and hence these Twins are responsible for the air attack.
///////////////----------weli_polonga----------\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1W1vMk7Vm4w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1W1vMk7Vm4w</a>

Offline Sudeera

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:54:13 AM »
Look at those losers,
they r a bunch or retarded idiots just like their leader the mentaly handicaped VP

LTTE cant even take the targets right, Just trying to be heroes coz now they r getting beaten in North and east. thiyena ayuda tiken monawa hari karanna hadanawa wageyi . Total crazy idiots,..

well I better stop writing now, my blood's boiling dont knw wht I'd end up writing :x

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:24:12 PM by [[Sigiri]] »
Best way to attract others is to keep your self Cool when others are hot at u !

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 01:14:42 AM »
you are right sigiri these guys are really nothing but a bunch of losers, just pathetic as vp..just morones..

Offline weli_polonga

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 12:57:11 PM »
Technical point of view.

I’ll ware my technical hat on this post. Sigiri call these a bunch of loosers. I will not call them that yet. If we conduct our war well, we can make them a bunch of loosers. But till that we have to give them credit for what they achieved.

Pin point bombing is not that easy even with most modern aircrafts. And night navigation too is a difficult accomplishment unless GPS is used. As GPS instruments are freely available and cheap to procure the pilot might have used one.

I got the Photos displayed by Polos yesterday from a friend who had the opportunity to look at the bombed hangar from the air on a test flight. According to him there is a big hole in the centre hangar of the three hangar complex. This make me to judge that they hit what they wanted to hit. With just one bomb to drop, hit the middle and hope that fire and blasts from secondary explosions will destroy the other two on either side. Good thinking, but our Airmen prevented that.

If we do not understand who we fight we can’t defeat them. So we have to see as they see things and outsmart them into it. Just calling them loosers or terrorists will never make us win this war.

Lets look at their published photos. I see a fake mockup in them. You may disagree, but it looks a fake to me. The ground clearance for the belly mounted bombs are too little unless you operate from a paved runaway. Even a small (six inch tall) anthill will explode these bombs on the takeoff run. Look at the propeller. Seems like a fixed pitch propeller, (my judgment is limited here) which requires greater power ratios to produce the same trust. 

Look at the engine. Only partial view is available and looks a piston engine. Not long enough for an axial floor compressor and not large (circumference) for a radial compressor jet. If it is a piston type where did the tigers got there Avgas (aviation gasoline) Not available at gas stations or petrol sheds. So the supplies must be pretty limited.

Next is the instrument panel. Although no clear picture is available all looks very basic types which require miles of electric wiring and pneumatic tubing. No CRTs which are available in some of the new cars today.

The biggest problem I see are in the undercarriages. Just bent steel plate. This thing may take off with some luck, but it can’t ever land back with out collapsing the wheels and blowing up the fuselage. No way for a short landing as they have forgotten to install breaks. With no reverse pitch this aircraft will roll a mile before it stops.

So they did bomb the Air Force hangar but claimed it on some mock up. Something is strange here. That is why I got the Army Intelligence involved in my earlier post. If LTTE did the job I still believe that they had used a float plane which can be landed at any water hole. Land aircrafts need long runaways that are very visible from the air even if they use fake trees to cover them.

Other option is they used a hired mercenary to carry out this task flying from South India or a big ship with a catapult. I will not write off a RAW involvement either as India is not too happy with our Secret Deal with the Americans (not the world cup match hi hi).

But the Govt is yet to make a public statement on how and what happened. They don’t seems to have a clue, how they are going to neutralize this treat. 

Offline Mahasen

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
  • O==<>=(({{O)>>>
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 07:44:57 AM »
wYs~wv`qWn~t @n`nvwQn pYh`ryk~ el~l kL yRwOyQ

j`wQk @hL ur#my

@k`tQ wYs~wv`qWn~ vQsQn~ ktRn`yk gOvn~ hmRq` k[vRrt el~l kL gOvn~ pYh`ry @k`tQ wYs~wv`qWn~t @n`nvwQn pYh`r m`l`vk~ el~l kQrm s[h` s~vr\Nmy avs~}`vk~ bvt pw~ krgw yRwO bv j`wQk @hL ur#my [email protected]|qnyk~ nQkOw~ krmQn~ pYk`X kr [email protected]`tQ wYs~wv`[email protected]~ @mm gOvn~ pYh`ry XYW lAk`@v| j`wQk a`rk;`vt @mn~m sms~w mnR;& sAhwQyt brpwl wr\jnyk~ sh an`rk;Qw bvk~ a#wQkr [email protected] bvw~, wYs~wv`qW kl~lQyk~ awt gOvn~ bly [email protected]~ a#wQ krn anwOr pQLQb[v j`w&n~wr pYj`v q#nRvw~ kQrmt ktyRwO kL yRwO bvw~ j`wQk @hL ur#myQ pYk`X kryQ.

@mm pYh`ry @k`tQ sAvQ{`ny vQsQn~ XYW lAk` rjytw~, a`rk;k hmRq`vtw~, j`nw`vtw~ [email protected] kQYy`w~mk kL m`nsQk yRq pYh`ryk~ bv [email protected]`~{ krgw yRwO bvw~, @mm pYh`ry wOLQn~ anQsQ bQyk~ @h`~ @k`tQ wYs~wv`qWn~ pQLQb[v a{Q [email protected]~r#vkt @n`p#mQNQy yRwO bvw~ j`wQk @hL ur#my nQkOw~ kL em [email protected]|[email protected]~ s[hn~ @v|.

gOvn~ hmRq` k[vRrt el~l vR pYh`ry smgQn~ @k`tQ hQwv`qW m`{& j`ly qQyw~krn m`nsQk yRq~{yt ap @n`rFvtQy yRwO bvw~, psR bsQn @k`tQ wYs~wv`qy mRlQnRpRt` qmn @wk~ @n`nvwQn pYh`r m`l`vk~ el~l kQrQmt @my avs~}`vk~ krgw yRwO bvw~ j`wQk @hL ur#my nQkOw~ kL em [email protected]|[email protected]~ v#dQqErtw~ s[hn~ @v|.

This is 100% correct
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 07:48:19 AM by Mahasen »

Offline Matrix

• කිරිකෝඩු Kiri-Kodu
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »
Technical point of view.

I’ll ware my technical hat on this post. Sigiri call these a bunch of loosers. I will not call them that yet. If we conduct our war well, we can make them a bunch of loosers. But till that we have to give them credit for what they achieved.

Pin point bombing is not that easy even with most modern aircrafts. And night navigation too is a difficult accomplishment unless GPS is used. As GPS instruments are freely available and cheap to procure the pilot might have used one.

I got the Photos displayed by Polos yesterday from a friend who had the opportunity to look at the bombed hangar from the air on a test flight. According to him there is a big hole in the centre hangar of the three hangar complex. This make me to judge that they hit what they wanted to hit. With just one bomb to drop, hit the middle and hope that fire and blasts from secondary explosions will destroy the other two on either side. Good thinking, but our Airmen prevented that.

If we do not understand who we fight we can’t defeat them. So we have to see as they see things and outsmart them into it. Just calling them loosers or terrorists will never make us win this war.

Lets look at their published photos. I see a fake mockup in them. You may disagree, but it looks a fake to me. The ground clearance for the belly mounted bombs are too little unless you operate from a paved runaway. Even a small (six inch tall) anthill will explode these bombs on the takeoff run. Look at the propeller. Seems like a fixed pitch propeller, (my judgment is limited here) which requires greater power ratios to produce the same trust. 

Look at the engine. Only partial view is available and looks a piston engine. Not long enough for an axial floor compressor and not large (circumference) for a radial compressor jet. If it is a piston type where did the tigers got there Avgas (aviation gasoline) Not available at gas stations or petrol sheds. So the supplies must be pretty limited.

Next is the instrument panel. Although no clear picture is available all looks very basic types which require miles of electric wiring and pneumatic tubing. No CRTs which are available in some of the new cars today.

The biggest problem I see are in the undercarriages. Just bent steel plate. This thing may take off with some luck, but it can’t ever land back with out collapsing the wheels and blowing up the fuselage. No way for a short landing as they have forgotten to install breaks. With no reverse pitch this aircraft will roll a mile before it stops.

So they did bomb the Air Force hangar but claimed it on some mock up. Something is strange here. That is why I got the Army Intelligence involved in my earlier post. If LTTE did the job I still believe that they had used a float plane which can be landed at any water hole. Land aircrafts need long runaways that are very visible from the air even if they use fake trees to cover them.

Other option is they used a hired mercenary to carry out this task flying from South India or a big ship with a catapult. I will not write off a RAW involvement either as India is not too happy with our Secret Deal with the Americans (not the world cup match hi hi).

But the Govt is yet to make a public statement on how and what happened. They don’t seems to have a clue, how they are going to neutralize this treat. 

Pretty good analysis there Welipolonga. This picture below confirms the use of GPS sat nav equipment for navigational purposes.

I also agree with your comment that the Zlin needing a paved runway for taking off. As we already know the Iranamadu runway is paved with threshold and centerline markings. Since as Iqbal Athas's sources within SLAF confirmed the K8 and the Air surveillance radars in Vavuniya monitoring the Zlings going off radar over Mannar skies, there is a huge probability that the LTTE did not opt to land the planes at the same Iranamadu runway (or even the nearby A9??).

However, as the photos which were taken pre-flight, the zlings low undercarriage runs the risk of scraping the bombs and thus detonating them inflight while landing (since 6 were dropped off a full total of eight) with the remaining 2 bombs. Hence to be able to land the craft safely they would have had to jettison the bombs. Plus the aircraft would have been lighter in weight considering the burned out fuel. It is all down to speculation. SLAF's think tanks have their work cut out on this.

When you say GOSL has no clue how to act on this matter - I do not agree. Even before this strike SLAF has been shopping for AA missiles for a while. First it was on the verge of arming the MI24 fleet with a AA role followinf PAF advice and later it was decided to arm the Kfirs with AIM-9p sidewinders instead. Despite SLAF having two Indra II radars, they looked at other options as well. For example 3 Chinese radars were to acquired and this deal was finalised during MR's last visit to China. This was even before the attack took place. This is in total contrast to what opposing parties of GOSL has to say. All their allegations that GOSL has done nothing to meet this air threat are based on what's on the public domain and hearsay. Well, that's how petty our politics are. 

Despite the fact that the LTTE aircraft reached all the way to Negombo to bomb SLAF barracks, its threat perception still remains to be a bare minimum. In all this remains by far to be a publicity stunt. Foreign sources confirm that after this 'first flight' tiger coffers have been on a feeding frenzy. VP needed to perform to lighten dimming flame of their diaspora. And he did perform. It doesnt matter it was mission failure. He got what he wanted. The question marks over his abilities which has been running through the minds of the diaspora since the Mavilaru/Sampur/Vaharai episodes took flight at least temporarily with the TAF.

In reality - military wise - it was a total blunder without question. In a pre-emptive strike such as this the golden rule is to strike your enemy hard and it should render your enemy crippled. The best example was the Israeli onslaught of the grounded Egyptian Airforce during the 1967 six day war. That pre-emptive strike TOTALLY annihilated the Egyptian backbone and there was no stopping of the Israeli war machine ever since. Since TAF missed their intended targets, this further legitimises GOSL's claim that LTTE is a regional threat and further justifies GOSL's push towards India or anyother country to provide military assistance towards its agendas. Like Admiral Chester Nimitz said "Forces are governed by the principle of calculated risk; which should be interpreted to mean avoidance of exposure of own force to attack, by superior enemy force without good prospect of inflicting as a result of such exposure greater damage on the enemy"

Regards,
SNR
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:10:36 PM by Matrix »

Offline weli_polonga

• ලොකු ලමයි LokuLamai
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 04:08:25 PM »
My analysis was done a couple of days after the attack without much knowledge of the back ground. There was a total news blackout at that time. Most were based on what were discussed in our rest rooms. Later I got to know that 4 bombs were dropped and one failed to explode. I never knew of the Air Force procurement plans as these are state secrets. 

Still no official explanation has come on the zlins that were used although there has been a scare last Monday in Jaffna of another sortie. AIM -9 Sidewinders (weli_p is from the same family) may not be the best weapon against a ground hugging grass hopper. The missile may cost much more than the aircraft that it will shoot down. Radar directed ack acks will do the job much cheaper. AF has to look into low speed propeller driven interceptor to neutralize this threat in the air. Isn’t it high time the Navy uses few flying boats for high altitude observation/attack rolls? They can stay afloat for hours when needed.

As you quoted Nimitz, I’ll end by saying what one of his arch rivals once wrote in his diary. Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo wrote “Emotions should never be mixed with Reasons” after loosing 4 carriers in the turning point carrier battle of Midway Islands in ’42. I joined this tread coz all were emotionally charged and shouting “terrorists and loosers” without reasoning at, what really took place the day after the attack