Author Topic: Pride and prejudice  (Read 3631 times)

pahan

Pride and prejudice
« on: September 29, 2007, 02:10:44 PM »
Advertisement
Pride and Prejudice

Watched pride and prejudice,( yeah I knw its old - 2005) I loved it .. and am tempted to watch it again n again.. watched the old movie at school once when we had nothing to do.. the enchantment I wrapped up when I had this book as our English literature text book still sparks inside my memories..

Jane austen's fertile imaginationis often reflected through her books
I love elizabeths character as same as Jo's character in "Little women". Elizabeth is the protagonist of Pride and Prejudice  Her admirable qualities are numerous, which more or less tally with mine
Her honesty, virtue, and lively wit enable her to rise above the nonsense and bad behavior that pervade her class-bound and often spiteful society.
How well she over comes the snobbish, antagonizing females

“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”

“You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.”

Offline ~ Cerberus ~

• බඩපිස්සෝ BadaPisso
Re: Pride and prejudice
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:15:12 PM »
I didn't really expect much from this movie but was greatly surprised. I did feel the Jane Austen vibe and think she probably would have enjoyed to watch it herself. The Colin Firth version of this book is just as good, only different. Like people have said, this movie does have a more modern twist to the classic Austen novel. But I don't think that the movie is bad, actually, I think it was done very well.

Keira Knightley's interpretation of my all-time favorite literary heroine was excellent. She had the spark and fire and quick wit that is so characteristic of Elizabeth. I was glad to see Matthew Macfadyen play Darcy as something of a nerd. It was an interpretation of Darcy that I'd never pictured but I think it worked splendidly. The film itself is wonderfully layered and I find that with each viewing I see subtle things I had not before noticed. It certainly bears repeat viewings not just for the wonderful story, gorgeous scenery, and stellar acting but also for the subtle background touches that become apparent once one focuses on them rather than the action occurring in the foreground.

has anyone seen the Bride and Prejudice ? the Bollywood version of P&P ?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 11:26:19 PM »
I have seen Bride and Prejudice.. it is a typical Indian movie :lol: with dancinga nd singing. I still can't figure out what Ashanthi was doing there :?

Offline Sudeera

• ෆැන්ටසි රාළ FNLeader
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 11:41:35 PM »
yeah I've watched bride and prejudice, it's like the indian version of pride and prejudice

well I am not satisfied with the acting an all, it ws obvious they wr trying to build up a "pride and prejudice" like movie
did not like it
Best way to attract others is to keep your self Cool when others are hot at u !

Offline ~ Cerberus ~

• බඩපිස්සෝ BadaPisso
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:34:38 AM »
The story of bride and prejudice stays pretty true to Austen's tale. The main difference is in the typically Bollywood song and dance routines that interspace the story.

Purists would probably hate it, but for anyone more open minded about book adaptations they will find much to enjoy. It's colourful, funny, well acted and well worth watching.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 05:14:08 PM by ~ Cerberus ~ »
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."